- Know your employee. Know what is happening, also at home, so you can provide timely support.
- Listen to your colleague and acknowledge the (emotional) situation, whilst keeping the helicopter view.
- Help your colleague structure work and time.
- Stimulate your colleague to take good care of him/herself by for example eating healthy food and exercise.
- Co-create an appropriate (temporary) plan for working hours to allow your colleague time to visit a lawyer/mediator.
- Offer your employee (professional) support in the emotional process of divorce – if necessary co-fund.
- Even if your colleague indicates (s)he does not need guidance, negative emotions can be present. Make sure to continue to check in.
Are you an employer/manager, company doctor, employee in divorce, and would you like to brainstorm with me? Please send me a personal message.